Tango Alpha Lima: MOH for SGM Payne, Burn Pits and Suicide Prevention
September 23rd, 2020
49 mins 16 secs
About this Episode
The Medal of Honor is bestowed upon Sgt. Maj. Thomas Payne, and Team Tango discusses the man CV claims is "tougher than woodpecker lips."
Jeff breaks out his knife-hand again as he gets riled up about new studies linking adverse health effects to burn pit exposure and the team talks about new legislation introduced to address obstacles many veterans face when seeking health care from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for illnesses related to toxic exposure.
Ashley shares a story about time running out to pass pending legislation on veteran suicide prevention during the current Congressional session, and the team stresses the importance of actively using existing resources during mental health crisis, including the Veterans Crisis Line:
Call: 1-800-273-8255 – Press 1
Russian Bounty story still unconfirmed, Chimp study influences squad sizes, Air Force Academy mascot gets a name, and Space Force deploys to the Middle East.
- Watch video of this episode on YouTube
- Send us your feedback!
- Play Tango Bingo
- Sergeant Major Thomas P. Payne | Medal of Honor Recipient | U.S. Army
- U.S.-Kurdish raid rescues Islamic State hostages - The Washington Post
- New Bill Would Force VA to Cover Vets' Burn Pit Illnesses | Connecting Vets
- 'We always have money for war, but we never seem to have money for the warrior' | The American Legion
- Will major veterans suicide prevention legislation pass this year, or get stalled by political fights?
- Veterans Crisis Line: Suicide Prevention Hotline, Text & Chat — Call: 1-800-273-8255 – Press 1 Text: 838255 Online: veteranscrisisline.net
- Buddy Check: Wellness check-ins with veterans | The American Legion