Tango Alpha Lima: Tango on Troubled waters
August 12th, 2020
40 mins 41 secs
About this Episode
CV shares the story of a Navy air traffic controller who assisted a fellow sailor who was found wandering San Diego after enjoying a few too many libations, only to be relentlessly harrassed when the Navy news printed a story about her recieving a Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal for her good deed with fake, place-holder quotes about the incident. DVIDs corrected the article, but the damage was done and the trolls were out in full force.
Ashley shares news of the Congressional Gold Medal presented to the crew USS Indianapolis and The American Legion resolution that helped make this recognition possible.
Jeff laments the use of refurbished Vietnam-era equipment in Marine Corps training, the likes of which may have caused a AAV training accident off the coast of Southern California.
Edible crayons for Marines and the reveal of Jeff's Bumble name: CrayonEater#5, Green Beret Nate Boyer blasts Navy SEAL museum for hosting a demonstration that featured dogs biting a human target wearing a Colin Kaepernick jersey during a 2019 fundraiser, and troops arriving for duty in Japan rile commanders by arranging hookups on dating apps while in quarantine for coronavirus.
- Send us your feedback!
- Watch video of this episode on YouTube
- Play Tango Bingo — Play along for episode 15.
- Bongo the Bear
- Navy corrects record on its erroneous news story garnering former sailor harassing messages — Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Resolution No. 26: Award Congressional Gold Medal to the Crew of the USS Indianapolis
- Edible Crayons for Marines by Okashi Sweets
- Rear Admiral James Kirk
- “Top Dog” in the Military Working Dog competition