CV bypasses the political trappings, and goes straight to the heart of the perennial battle over military healthcare spending.
Ashley celebrates the continuing series of female firsts in the military by sharing the story of Capt. Candice Bowen, who has taken command of Bravo Company, 3rd Battalion, 116th Infantry Regiment, 116th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, making her one of the first black women to take command of a rifle company in the National Guard and the first female infantry commander in Virginia.
After watching "Immigration Nation" on Netflix, Jeff shares his take on the plight of deported Marine veteran Cesar Lopez and launches a wider discussion on military service and citizenship.
Rapid Fire: Special Forces gear spending and the joys of CIF, trouble stirring in Syria Space Force units are popping up around the world - including Thule, Greenland - which get's CV a little nostalgic, and now Iran is paying bounties.
Jeff also shares his excitement for the 100 Miles for Hope campaign swag.
- Watch video of this episode on YouTube
- Send us your feedback!
- Play Tango Bingo
- Ice Tsunami: Wall of Ice Rises Out of Lake, Destroys Homes
- Find a Service Officer | The American Legion
- Virginia National Guard welcomes first female infantry company commander
- Resolution No. 10: Expedited Citizenship Applications for Deported Veterans
- Resolution No. 15: Expedited Citizenship Through Military Service
- Join The American Legion | The American Legion
- Top of the world: Thule Air Base | The American Legion — Engineering marvel, strategic position, research station and space observatory, Thule Air Base fulfills multiple missions where the winter sun doesn’t shine.
- Take the 100 Miles for Hope Challenge | The American Legion