Sean Powers is a former NYPD Officer, a member of American Legion 9-11 Memorial Post 2001 in New York City, and Tango Alpha Lima's first return guest.
He's come back to talk about the New York Police Department’s POPPA (Police Organization Providing Peer Assistance) program, a volunteer police support network committed to providing a confidential, safe and supportive environment for police officers and retirees.
While POPPA is geared toward officers, the approach can be scaled to assist veterans who are struggling, and Powers says he has used his POPPA training to help fellow veterans.
- Watch video of this episode on YouTube
- Send us your feedback!
- The American Legion Vehicle Donation Program
- POPPA New York Police
- Cop Counselors - Alexander Street, a ProQuest Company
- Join The American Legion | The American Legion
- Veterans Crisis Line: Suicide Prevention Hotline, Text & Chat
- Find a Service Officer