Retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Col. Ross Whitmore served under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and faced many challenges as the first openly gay Air Force officer but still managed to build a successful career as a Medical Commander and a member of the Surgeon General's staff.
Rashan Legard joined the Army in 2011 after graduating from college and was assigned to the 3rd Brigade, 25th Infantry Division, Special Troops Battalion (STB) at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
Both men share their experiences, the retribution that followed and how they found healing, hope and the drive to help others.
In this series, be aware we will be discussing topics that are sensitive and potentially triggering, so pause and take a break as needed, and remember you can always reach out to the Veterans Crisis Line by dialing 988 and pressing 1.
- Watch video of this episode on YouTube
- Mental Health Services & Education - Give an Hour
- Tango Alpha Lima Podcast Episode 138: Tango Alpha Lima: Give An Hour CEO Dr. Trina Clayeux
- DVIDS - Video - Spoken Words of Pain
- Home - HUSH No More
- GLASS SOLDIER
- Motivational Speaker, Storyteller and Poet | Rashan Legard Speaks LLC | United States
- Army Sexual Harassment/Assault Response & Prevention (SHARP) Program Poem - YouTube
- Difference Makers | Difference Makers 10 Strong